Web Ajax Development - Ajax Programming - India
Ajax is a way of developing Web applications that combines:
- XHTML and CSS standards based presentation
- Interaction with the page through the DOM
- Data interchange with XML and XSLT
- Asynchronous data retrieval with XMLHttpRequest
In the traditional Web application, the interaction between the customer and the server goes like this:
1. Customer accesses Web application
2. Server processes request and sends data to the browser while the customer waits
3. Customer clicks on a link or interacts with the application
4. Server processes request and sends data back to the browser while the customer waits
There is a lot of customer waiting.
Ajax Acts as an Intermediary
This is the key. In standard Web applications, the interaction between the customer and the server is synchronous. This means that one has to happen after the other. If a customer clicks a link, the request is sent to the server, which then sends the results back.